Monday, March 3, 2008

02.27 to 03.03 - Meatless Vacation

So I went on a snowboarding trip with some friends for the weekend-- therefore, documenting my food consumption was the last thing on my mind. Here are some particularly significant meal moments, though:
  • I woke up the first morning of vacation and had some soup for breakfast-- beef soup. I somehow remembered and stopped myself after swallowing a very small piece of beef. It was just one itty bitty piece (that I can't even remember the taste of), but it still bothers me. :\
  • I've missed soup dumplings like crazy because you can't really get them here, so I was so happy to finally get to eat them again in NY. Sadly, I had to remove the pork and crabmeat filling and give it to someone else to eat. :(
  • I had to ration off a little pasta sauce one night and a little ramen another night before meat was added to the communal pots. It hurt a little.
  • While the others were enjoying delicious ground beef tacos, I had tortillas with just cheese and salsa. *sigh*
  • While the others were devouring juicy cuts of Colombian steak and sausage, I had sad little fillets of fish.
  • I had to poke the ham out of my kimbap. It left an empty space in the rice . . . and in my heart.
On the bright side, I'm pleased to say that I maintained a decent fattie rating throughout the trip.

FATTIE RATING: 4

No comments: