Thursday, April 8, 2010

04.05 - Dinner Unexpected

This past Friday night, I found myself wandering around near Clark and Fullerton. I was just enjoying the nice weather and walking leisurely to my next destination when I spotted an eatery with its doors wide open, exposing a very clean, stark interior. It was a salad place and I hadn't had dinner yet and, alas, I have been trying to incorporate fruits and vegetables into my diet. So I purposefully walked in and asked the guy behind the counter for recommendations. He gave me a few and then very apologetically admitted that it's hard to say what his favorite is because he's more of a steak guy.

Steak?! Did someone say steak? Though I thoroughly enjoyed my big mama of a farmer's salad, my stomach felt empty and airy after consuming it all . . . and I simply craved a cheeseburger. I planned on swinging by Five Guys on the way and told my newfound friend just that, but he suggested I try the meat bakery next door. Yes, a meat bakery. An eatery that looks exactly like a bakery and serves food that looks exactly like cupcakes and other pastries but all of which is actually made of meat. Oh man . . . I ran over there with a quickness and bought myself a spaghetti and meatball cupcake.

So there you have it. A big healthy salad followed by a meat cupcake. Who would've thunk it?




































Eatery Info: Lettuce Mix, 2468 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60614
                     Meatloaf Bakery, 2464 North Clark St, Chicago, IL 60614

1 comment:

hannah love said...

omg
please take me to this meat bakery next time!