Monday, December 6, 2010

12.06 - Distant Memory

I haven't thought about this in years (and I probably repressed the memory because it was too difficult to go without), but I used to work for a company that treated all its employees to lunch every day of the week. Granted we only had 10 employees and it was a sly tactic to keep everyone in the building at all times, but it was still a pretty awesome perk.

One person was in charge of ordering-- and every morning, she'd pass around the chosen menu for the day and each person would write down what they wanted on the accompanying sheet of paper. The order was usually placed at 11 a.m., and we'd all be eating and sitting pretty around noon. We could eat from any restaurant we wanted as long as we had the menu for it, they could deliver to us, and we didn't go too crazy.

I got over 300 free lunches from that job. Oh man, I'm feeling envious of my former self. Ha. No wonder I gained so much weight back then.

No comments: