Thursday, June 2, 2011

06.02 - Magic Vending Machine?

I had a mid-afternoon craving for Cheetos, so I decided to go down to the breakroom and get a bag from the vending machine. I brought a dollar with me and was delighted to find that it would cost only 80 cents.

I put the dollar in and typed in the corresponding numbers for that beloved orange bag. I watched the spiral move the bag to the front and . . . nothing. The top of the bag was stuck. I shoved the vending machine in slight frustration and, suddenly, the spirals moved a second bag to the front . . . but only to get the top of that one stuck on the top of the first bag. Once again, I shoved the machine in greater frustration. And, surprisingly again, the spiral moved a third bag to the front . . . only to get this one stuck with the other two. I shoved the machine again, but this time nothing happened, and the machine beeped to remind me that I still had a dollar in the machine.

I typed in the corresponding numbers yet again only to get this message: MAKE ANOTHER SELECTION. I was indignant. No way was I going to make another selection! I wanted my Cheetos! I tried again. Same message. And again. Same message. Finally I decided to just eject my money-- only to have the machine give me four quarters and an extra 20 cents. I figured that was a nice way to make up for my difficulty and decided to try one last time. I put the coins in, typed in the numbers, and unfortunately got the same message. Fed up, I ejected my money, looked one last time at the tempting row of Cheetos, gave the machine one last shove . . . and out came all three bags.

I'm not quite sure what to make of all that . . . but I'm about to finish the second bag now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You may need help.

So do I. I had cheese puffs for breakfast yesterday.