Tuesday, February 21, 2012

02.20 - Wholly Moley

I haven't posted in quite awhile-- not because I haven't been eating or because I love food any less, but I guess I've just been preoccupied. Anyway, I was out with my two fattie friends N and Q (along with mini adorable monster godson friend K) tonight, and we indulged in some delicious Mexican food. N is also the reason I'm posting today because she reminded me that I have been boring and lazy. Ha.

But back to the food, I was especially pleased because this restaurant redeemed two dishes that have generally disappointed me at other places: fish tacos and fried ice cream. First off, each fish taco came with a whole fillet of nicely seasoned, pan fried tilapia. Mmm. Secondly, the fried ice cream wasn't just a ball of vanilla ice cream rolled around in crumbs. The coating was a complete shell of some kind of warm, wonderful, lighty sweetened coconut pastry which blended so well with the cool ice cream inside. Sooo good. I totally went against my healthy eating habits from the past two weeks (I'll go more into this later), but it was so worth it.


















Note to self:
Don't even think about using the elevator at work today. Stairs, woman. Stairs!

Eatery Info: Wholly Frijoles, 3908 W. Touhy Ave, Lincolnwood, IL 60712

No comments: