Monday, November 9, 2009

11.09 - Chipotle: In Two Parts

Part One
Last night, I got hit with a sick craving for some Chipotle. I don’t know why, but the lime rice + cheese + grilled chicken combination always gets me. Anyway, it was late on a Sunday night so, obviously, there weren’t any Chipotles open anywhere. Unfortunately, it was one of those cravings that takes hold of you and will not let go. So, I did the only thing I could do: I imagined myself up a Chipotle chicken burrito with extra cheese and mild salsa, and I proceeded to dig in. I (not me, but the other I) was a witness to this all and he was really amused by me at first, especially when I ripped off some of the "tortilla" and fed it to him (like I would do in real life). After watching me take a few too many bites, though, I’s eyes started getting wider and growing more concerned. He finally said, “It’s OK if you’re joking, but . . . if you’re being serious . . . then I'd be scared, and I might have to take you to a psychiatrist.” He said he wouldn’t know what he'd do if I started getting really skinny but insisted that I ate a lot of Chipotle. Haha. I was quite amused. And a bit insulted by the psychiatrist thing. :\


exactly what I had in my head . . .

Part Two
I had to have Chipotle for lunch today. It was imperative. The only problem, though, is that I work right in the Loop, and lunch time is absolute chaos—especially when it comes to yummy places that business men in button-up shirts frequent (e.g. Chipotle, Subway, Cosi, Panera, etc.). So I started racking my brain. How could I eat my desired burrito at my desired lunch time without having to wait in a line that goes out the door? After much contemplation, I went onto the Chipotle website and found out that you can order in advance! So I did. I clicked here, I clicked there. Then at lunchtime, I walked over to Chipotle, walked triumphantly past the 30+ people in line, and went right up to the cash register. Within minutes, I had my burritos in hand and was out the door. Brilliant. I love Chipotle carryout. It makes me happy, and they even personalize your food for you (which was a pleasant surprise). Super brilliant. ;) I really hope this online ordering thing doesn't get out . . .


our burritos have name tags (aww)

1 comment:

b l a n k said...

seriously who the heck pretends to feed someone chipotle for an hour... but then again who the heck pretends to eat the imaginary chipotle for an hour..