Wednesday, December 23, 2009

12.23 - Christmas Present to Myself

I don't usually buy myself anything at Christmastime-- but this time around, I wanted to give myself something I had been wanting for a very very long time. Kansas City BBQ!

I went to a work conference in Kansas City, MO about three years back and I fell so much in love with their bbq that I had dinner at the same restaurant two nights in a row (the two days I stayed there-- ha). If I had stayed there longer, we all know what would have happened.

Anyway, after thinking about it for the past few years, I finally decided to order myself some good ol' KC barbecue. I didn't go overboard and get one of the $200 packs that serves 6-8 people. Instead, I restrained myself and chose the featured holiday item that serves 2-3 and was on sale for $50. It came last week, and I was screaming and dancing around like I had just won the lottery.

It came in a beautiful styrofoam cooler with their logo stamped into it, and the bags of food were surrounded by dry ice (which I burnt myself on, of course). Sadly, the cooler was misleading because the food was quite lacking compared to the picture below. *sigh* Oh well. It still fulfilled my craving, and it was absolutely delicious. Not as delicious as if I was sitting in a Jack Stack restaurant, but good enough. :}

















So, in summary, I got myself Kansas City bbq for Christmas because:
  • it's got the best smoked flavor
  • the sauce is wonderfully tangy and not too sweet (just how I like it)
  • it's known for its "burnt ends," which are the ends of the brisket and are the most unbelievably moist and delicious pieces of bbq ever!! (haha)
I hope you all have a joyful and blessed Christmas full of yummies galore! ;)

No comments: