Friday, December 18, 2009

12.18 - Kindred Spirits

My giving, earth-loving coworker just walked over to me right now, holding a lone Popeye's drumstick wrapped up in a thin napkin, and shoved it in my face. Please keep in mind that I am at my desk, surrounded by a computer, office supplies, and important papers. I am not at a kitchen table, cafeteria counter, or picnic bench.

I gave her a crazy look and said, "No thank you, I'm not hungry." She then proceeded to give me an even crazier look back, told me she got it from the mailroom downstairs, and said, "Take it!" *sigh*

So I took the drumstick, imagined her taking a piece of chicken from one of our mailroom coworkers, walking all around the office with it and even on the elevator just to bring it over to me . . . and I proceeded to eat it quickly at my desk before anyone else could see me. :\ This is what I get for becoming kindred food-loving spirits with someone at work.

4 comments:

M said...

that drumstick went on quite the odyssey. i like it. merry christmas, ji.

journaler said...

this post made me decide to be unhealthy and eat that popeyes tuesday special, drumstick, thigh, biscuit, and side. probably those nasty good red beans on rice.

ji said...

*laugh* Merry Christmas to you too, M.

And I'm sooo happy you chose to indulge, Rich. Haha. That Tuesday special sounds mighty good...

bs said...

i have a kindred food-loving spirit with someone at work too. we just shared a plate of curly fries at our faculty bowling party today. if you were here we would eat pio pio together ;) miss you ji!