Wednesday, May 5, 2010

05.05 - Eat with Your Head, Not with Your Eyes

"I" and I had a huge sushi craving the other day, so we decided to eat at an all-you-can-eat place we had heard good things about. They had a nice, wide selection, so we were hyped up when we got there.

For our first round, we chose five different rolls and four pieces of sushi-- altogether over 30 pieces. All of it was quite good (except for one bad decision on my part) and we stuffed our faces. With only five pieces left on the platter, we went ahead and placed our round two order. We chose two rolls and 12 pieces of sushi, and only at the last minute took off one of the rolls.

You know . . . we should've just stopped at round one. I have no idea what we were thinking. :\ When the second platter finally came out, both of us were already full beyond limit. The problem we faced, though, was that this place charges for uneaten food. Any normal person (with any lick of common sense and no qualms about spending money) would've just paid extra for the food on the plate-- but we don't have that luxury, and since we got ourselves into that predicament, we were gonna get ourselves out of it.

So "I" was my lookout and I was his, and with as much strength (and stealth) as possible . . . we ate every single piece of fish (and threw all the rice into a napkin conveniently placed in my jacket pocket). Despite letting out a few hysterical giggles here and there, I am pleased to say we did not raise any suspicion. By the end of it, we were both so close to being sick that it was scary . . . but we cheered each other on and made it through. Ha. After we left, I was hit by a food coma so hard I didn't wake up for two hours. Never again . . .

No comments: