Monday, May 24, 2010

05.24 - My Lifelong Struggle

I'll admit it, I've always been rather clumsy. But it's generally just dropped crumbs or a little bit of spilled coffee here and there. Nothing major, nothing to stress about. That is until recent months . . .

Several months ago, while "I" and I were in California and on the way to visit my cousins one morning, we decided to stop by Jamba Juice for a Power size (30 oz.) smoothie. I offered to drive and we soon headed back onto the highway. While maintaining a nice steady speed, I picked up the large drink and brought the straw to my mouth . . . only to have the lid pop off and the entire 30 ounces of cold, fruity liquid slide onto my lap. *sigh* I drove for a miserable 20 more minutes before we got to an exit and found a Walmart to get a dry pair of replacement jeans. :\

Last week, I was out to dinner with some of the LP boys and we were all having a nice time with our delicious food and yummy beverages. My beverage of choice was strawberry lemonade. As I was sliding the large 22 oz. glass closer to me, the entire thing (ice, strawberries, sugarly lemonade and all) spilled onto my lap. Needless to say, I had an uncomfortable walk back to their house, and I ended up borrowing light-colored boy jeans that made me look straight out of the '80s for the rest of the night. *sigh*

After these two episodes, I'm terribly afraid that this mishap will follow me all the days of my life . . . :\

2 comments:

b l a n k said...

hope this doesnt happen on our wedding day.

Mary J. said...

i kinda hope it does. lol.