Wednesday, September 23, 2009

09.23 - Battle Microwave

I never really experience the lunchtime “rush” in my workplace because I generally like to eat really late (around 2 or 3). Lately, though, I’ve been eating a lot earlier (around noon) and I’ve started bringing leftovers from home. So, of course, use of the microwave has become quite necessary.

All I have to say is that, around 11:55, it becomes an all-out war for the microwave. I was in there the other day heating up some pasta. After two minutes were up and the microwave beeped, I realized that the noodles were still a tad bit cool. So I popped my pasta back in the microwave just as a man ran in with his Tupperware. He looked peeved that I was still using the microwave, so he loudly left his Tupperware on the counter and walked out. Um . . . okay. Yesterday, I had just finished heating up some leftover pizza (and the dreaded microwave had just loudly announced to the world that it was no longer in use), when a lady ran in with her frozen dinner. I wasn’t sure if the pizza was quite hot enough yet, but she was already breathing down my neck before I could even take my plate out. Yuppp . . .

So anyway, today, I started heating up my food at 11:50. That’s right. I went in early! And . . . I popped the microwave door open right before it could start beeping! It was great. No one was waiting on me. No one ran in the second the microwave beeped. It was really wonderful. I felt so free . . .

1 comment:

hannah love said...

ahahha i love this
i love how the beep makes people rush in!