Thursday, October 15, 2009

10.15 - Throwdown: LA vs.Chicago

CATEGORY: Soondubu

Chicago:
Eh

LA: In all my soondubu-eating years, I've never finished the whole thing (even in NY, which has some of the best). But I devoured this entire pot at Cho Dang Tofu House.

WINNER: LA!!
_____________________________________

CATEGORY: Fattie Burger & Fries

Chicago:
Our choices are kind of limited-- there's Mickey D's, Burger King, Wendy's, White Castle, eh.

LA: Dude, In-N-Out uses the yummiest cheese, and they throw all this gunk on everything. Ha.

WINNER: LA!!
________________________

CATEGORY: Fruit Bubble Tea

Chicago:
Joy Yee's has some of the freshest, most yummy fruit bubble tea ever. Everything tastes good!

LA: Really? Is Boba Loca JY's only competition? Man...talk about artificial and overly sweet. Bleh.

WINNER: CHICAGO!!
__________________________

CATEGORY: Pizza

Chicago:
Please refer to last post. And the beautiful specimens above are from Lou Malnati's. Ah, such goodness.
LA: Yeah, of course there's thin crust and then there's deep dish, and that's kinda like comparing apples to oranges . . . but there's really no contest against Chicago-style pizza. Haha.

WINNER: CHICAGO!!
__________________________

In summary, I guess every city has some foods they're better at than others. The fun comes in trying to find the winners. And I certainly do like trying to find the winners. ;)

10 comments:

wes said...

Chicago has Five Guys for burgers. FAR better than In-n-out

ji said...

Haha. That's true, Wes. But Five Guys is all over the East Coast too, so it's not really special to Chicago. The first and only time I've had it was in DC. Hmm...I should try it again since it's so close. Haha. Yippee.

hannah love said...

hmmm
where was this boba loca place??
we went to an amazing boba place in ktown... small little joint and it was amazing
i haven't had jy's forever though

augo said...

theres a five guys in LA hahahah

M said...

LA for burgers- wrong-ola. try kuma's corner(2900w. belmont). best burgers...ever!!

jksweetz said...

haha. yum. i think the only thing we'd be in the running for is mexican food...and hot sauces~

goldandsilver said...

I LOVE BOBA in LA has the best bubble tea i have ever tasted in my entire freakin lifeeeee!!

joei said...

Admit it Ji. Korea(ns) rule!
LOL.

ji said...

Wow. After being away from the computer for a few days, it was quite amusing to come back to all this. ;)

HLove, Boba Loca is a chain all over Southern California. Maybe that's why its drinks are just eh. I'll have to find this amazing place in KTown you're talking about next time I'm back there. :}

Aug, I was in Miami this past weekend and there was a Five Brothers right down the street from where I stayed. Haha. They're trying to take over the world!

M, I think I was trying to compare chains-- but man, you're so right about Kuma's. I've had many a fatty burger from there. Mmm . . . ;)

Joan, I wouldn't mind trying the best Mexican food and hot sauces. So we still on for February? :)

Argh, Sarah. I should've done a request for suggestions before I went there. Haha. Next time . . .

Ohhhh, Joei. Really? Really?? Haha.

journaler said...

LA!?? Ha! What good can come from there?


wtf to this train of comments:
goldandsilver: i love boba in LA
joe: KOREANS RULE