Thursday, October 22, 2009

10.22 - My Idol

So I'm sitting there in a Dominick's cafe, sipping on some bottled iced tea, minding my own business when . . . lo and behold, I see something that makes me want to laugh and cry and laugh a little more.



At the table next to me, a small, quiet Asian lady sits eating her lunch. But not just any lunch. She's eating a whole rotisserie chicken! And she's determinedly going at it with her fork, paying no attention to anyone around her. My gosh, I was so full of joy and amusement at the sight. Such gusto, such courage. I would've hugged her were I not a fairly sane individual.

Note to Self: Go to grocery store for lunch one day, buy whole rotisserie chicken and large side of macaroni and cheese, proceed to eat it in public, pat big belly, enjoy life.

No comments: