Friday, March 4, 2011

03.04 - BOGO Chipotle

I like Chipotle. There's just something about that freshly grilled chicken or steak (or, every now and then, that flavorful spicy shredded barbacoa) mixed together with cilantro-lime rice, melty cheese, a dash of black beans, a handful of romaine, and pico de gallo all lovingly held together by a warm, subtly salty, chewy flour tortilla. Yum.

So imagine my excitement when I walked into the break room last Friday and found a buy one-get one Chipotle coupon on the kitchen counter. I immediately dragged my coworkers to get some for lunch that day, and we saved $12. I went again on Sunday after church with a bunch of friends, and the ten of us together saved $30. Two of my cousins went last week, and they saved a combined $12. Another two of my friends went this week, and they saved $6. My brother went yesterday and saved $6. And I had Chipotle with my mom for lunch today, and we saved an additional $6. So, all in all, throughout this past week, I am pleased to say that my family, friends, and I saved $72.

Both impressive and shocking. Impressive because that's a lot of free Chipotle, and shocking because one burrito contains about 800-1200 calories. :\ Still, free Chipotle doesn't happen often, and I do have to say it was fun while it lasted. The promo ends today. If you want to get yours before it's over, visit http://www.facebook.com/americasnextgreatrestaurant?v=app_10442206389 and watch the 90-second video for this new reality restaurant show that's coming out. Then print the coupon and eat your poor heart out. :)


1 comment:

jksweetz said...

yes! we totally went too :D turns out every monday is BOGO free in march for health care employees! sweet~