Tuesday, March 22, 2011

03.22 - Incredible Fruits and Veggies

In the past two months, I've really tried to incorporate more fruits and veggies into mine and I's at-home meals. Before, I would eat fruits and veggies about 1-3 times a week. Now I have fruits and veggies about 1-3 times a day. That's certainly a significant change, but I never thought it would make that much of difference until I started dropping pounds like crazy without once setting foot in a gym. Now, I'm 12 pounds lighter than I was two months ago.

Everywhere I go, people comment about how much weight I've lost or how saggy my pants are-- and when they ask what happened, I just shrug and say, "I eat a lot of fruits and veggies." Ha. It's strange, right? I've always heard that fruits and veggies are good for you, but I never realized how good.

But now I know firsthand that:

- they're rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals
- they make you feel just as full as, if not more than, the fatty stuff
- they give you a high amount of energy with significantly fewer calories
- they make you go to the bathroom daily (as opposed to once or twice a week...)
- they help prevent and reduce the risk of diseases
- and they increase weight loss by 3x in those who simply eat low-fat foods

My favorites as of late are:

- spinach
- romaine lettuce
- mustard or collard greens
- kale
- broccoli
- green beans
- red and yellow peppers
- tomatoes
- oranges
- blueberries
- pomegranates

Now that I have the fruits and veggies down, all I need to do is start working out again. While losing weight is great, being flabby and bony is not. :\ Here goes  . . .

No comments: