Wednesday, March 16, 2011

03.16 - Pretty Petite Treats

Starbucks had a "Tribute Days" promotion from March 10-12 to ring in their 40th year. With any drink purchased between 2 to 5 p.m., you would get a petite dessert of your choice. The choices were: birthday cake pop, carrot mini cupcake, lemon sweet square, peanut butter mini cupcake, red velvet whoopie pie, rocky road cake pop, salted caramel sweet square, and tiramisu cake pop.

I had my tastebuds set on the red velvet whoopie pie. Unfortunately, when I made it out to a Starbucks on March 12th at 4:50 p.m. and put in an order for two drinks, all that was left were a few of the cupcakes. The Starbucks associate threw two of those babies in a bag and handed them over to me, and while they were quite yummy, my craving for the whoopie pie remained.

So I decided to make a Starbucks whoopie pie run earlier today-- and I was happy not only to find that there were plenty of petite treats available but also that they pack them in adorable little boxes! They must have held out on those during Tribute Days, but who could blame them. I carried my pretty, precious cargo back to the office and sat at my desk, savoring my red velvet whoopie pie with small bites. It was delicious-- soft, moist, packed with flavor, and generously filled with whipped cream cheese frosting. Mmm mmm good. I just wish they didn't come so small. Under 200 calories blue blundred blalories.































Next visit: salted caramel sweet square

No comments: