Thursday, April 24, 2008

04.24 - Oh, Honey Bear.

I've been feeling pretty sickly lately, so unfortunately, I haven't really eaten anything noteworthy. I do want to talk about the interesting food-related occurrence of the day, though. My friend offered to give me some of his bougie ginger peach tea this afternoon since I wasn't feeling well, so the two of us went into the work kitchen to get some hot water and to begin steeping. I made sure to grab my old bear-shaped bottle of honey to add into my tea since my throat felt a bit scratchy. While we were waiting for our tea to steep in the kitchen, I looked at my honey bear and saw that the honey had crystallized and set. Pooh. So I decided to put the bottle in the microwave for 20 seconds. No biggie, right?

Little did I know, though . . . that the stupid work microwave is on steroids! 20 seconds pretty much equals a minute. When I took the honey bear out, the honey was boiling and the bear had some major plastic surgery done. My friend said, "Does the bear look deformed to you?" just as I felt the cap moving in my hands. Before I could even do anything, the bottle popped, the cap went flying towards my friend, and honey was EVERYWHERE (including on his forearm and my hands). He swore, I screamed, a passerby came to see if we were okay, and the kitchen smelled like boiling honey pee. Seriously. I don't know where the pee smell came from. Long story short: we did not suffer third-degree burns, the entire office pretty much walked by to see me scrubbing the floor in all my misery, and poor coworkers of mine will most likely find hardened honey in the nooks and crannies of that kitchen for years to come.

Note to self: Honey bears do not like the microwave.



FATTIE RATING: 3.5
STRUGGLOR RATING: 5!!

No comments: