Thursday, August 13, 2009

08.13 - The Klutz

I don't know how I came to be this way, but I am a walking klutz-- especially when you put me in close proximity with food or drink. It's sad, but it's also something I've gotten so used to that nothing tends to surprise me anymore. And it's pretty much my reputation among friends and family. When I do something, there is no longer any shock. Only the rolling of eyes and exasperated sighs.

This morning, I walked into a crowded elevator and ran into my coworker. He was carrying a bunch of stuff including a tall, hot cup of coffee. He asked me if I could hold it for a second and I gladly obliged. But as my strong, manly hands gripped the cup, the top suddenly flew off and coffee went everywhere (mostly on my hands and the floor). All you could hear after that were the "ohhhh"s of everyone in the elevator. *sigh* The smell of coffee is both haunting and pleasing as I go about my day. :\

I spill food on the table or floor all the time. I drop silverware during 80% of all meals. I'm constantly dipping my sleeves into food. I've been known to break plasticware and chopsticks (both wooden and plastic!) and have them fly through the air. I've knocked over many a drink. I've dropped plates. I've splattered food on people. My side of the tablecloth is always the messiest. And I go through at least one Tide pen per month.

*sigh* Sad, sad.

4 comments:

jksweetz said...

ur cute :) have u ever noticed that the tide pen caps don't stay on very well? u gotta try the CVS stain remover. it has a screw-on top. sweet! i'll get u one ;)

hannah love said...

heheh so funny
i was known as the class klutz in the 8th grade.... and its like a self-fulfilling prophecy or something.

i never like to wear nice clothes when i go out to eat because i know somehow i'll find something splattered on me
not cool.

i need one of those tide pen things

M said...

i shall now not sit next to u during meals. kidding. wut the guy say after u spilled his coffee?

ji said...

Oh, Joan, how I hate those Tide pen caps! Haha. CVS brand stain remover, you say? :) Okay, I'm trying it.

Hannah, you were the class klutz in 8th grade? Haha. Aww. We're even more kindred spirits than I thought.

M, haha. My friend still had all that stuff he was carrying and was trying to get his door key out, so I kept insisting for him to let me hold the coffee . . . but he refused! Haha. Flat-out refused. *sigh*