Monday, August 17, 2009

08.17 - Phase One: FINISHED!!

I FINALLY get to have brown rice and whole grain wheat bread! *long, content sigh* All is right with the world again.

So now begins Phase Two-- which pretty much means incorporating one serving of a "good" carb and one serving of a "good" fruit ONCE a day. As I move closer to my target weight and increase my physical activity, I can increase the carb and fruit servings per day. Oh man . . . it would be a dream to have as much fruit and starch as I want. Haha. Let's doooo this!

Phase One Recap:
  • I officially dislike cashews now. Having to snack on them nearly twice a day for the past two weeks was borderline excruciating.
  • Turkey chili is not bad. Not bad at all.
  • Regular sweet drinks have A LOT of sugar in them. Ya'll should stay away.
  • Vegetables are quite yummy. Particularly tomatoes, green beans, peppers, and mushrooms.
  • I cheated a little and had dark meat chicken and full-fat cheese a few times. Oops.
  • I missed mangoes with a passion. I probably thought about them every day.
  • I lost five pounds. Woohoo!
Phase Two Forecast:
  • Fruit rocks my world. Particularly mangoes! And I love finally being able to have low-fat fruit-flavored yogurt again.
  • Something as simple as toasted whole grain bread with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray is unbelievably delicious. I will have lots of this.
  • Time to work out. If I don't, I'm guaranteed to blow up and negate all I've suffered for.
  • I get to have whole wheat pasta, whole wheat stone ground pita, and bran sugar-free muffins!! Augghhh!! Is it sad that I'm excited?
  • After two torturous weeks, I'm finally feeling positive and motivated. I think I can tone up and knock off a few more pounds in no time.
  • I've done South Beach Phase 1 four times now, and I think this is the first and only time I'm actually attempting to do Phase 2. Normally I'll be so starved for carbs and sugar, I go crazy and nix everything. Props to my SB partner who motivates me by suffering with me and igniting my competitive nature. ;)

1 comment:

hannah love said...

heheh you can do it!
haha i laughed when you said that you tried phase 1 four times.

hmmm, this diet would drive me nuts and living with your parents or being poor makes it harder.
but i just like to exercise so that usually helps ^^


good luck!