Thursday, May 1, 2008

04.29 to 05.01 - Wheatgrass Can Die!!

So there's not much to say about the last few days. I've been so focused on work and sleep that I've had little time to think about food. And, honestly, I ate so much over the weekend that I sort of lost my appetite a bit. Ha.

But anyway, a coworker mentioned to me earlier that she had gotten someone else's cold or infection. I felt bad and immediately remembered the time someone advised me to drink a shot of wheatgrass juice to help the immune system, so I told her about it. I'm not sure why I did, though, because I had a horrible experience from the one time I drank wheatgrass juice. It involved nausea, gagging, dry heaving, and horrible tasting burps. Ugh. Unfortunately, that didn't matter to my coworker because she was so excited to try something new, and I was forced to head over to Jamba Juice with her and another buddy for shots of wheatgrass juice.

I initially thought I had such an adverse reaction the first time because I was sick. Um, no. I realized today that it has nothing to do with being sick. My body, in general, abhors wheatgrass juice. It is the most foul liquid imaginable. Okay, maybe not-- but it is to me. I had to stuff my face with every kind of junk food imaginable just to get the nasty GRASS taste out of my system. I ate hot dogs, an omelet, spicy cheese chips, pretzels with peanut butter, and a Snickers bar. When I started burping up spicy cheese flavor, all was right with the world.



FATTIE RATING: 3 (pre-wheatgrass), 4.25 (post-wheatgrass)

No comments: