Wednesday, May 7, 2008

05.06 & 07 - Kindred Bellies

Just as it is difficult to find kindred spirits in one lifetime, it is equally difficult to find a kindred belly. There are many people I like to eat with and they all, generally, like to eat-- but it is rare to find someone who is as consistently willing or excited to eat the same things (or as many things) as I am eager to eat. I was in Austin, sitting with my two cousins who had both just informed me that they "don't really like cream sauce-- or cheesy things," when the realization hit me . . .

My coworker and frequent lunch buddy who we'll designate as "S" is truly a kindred belly to me. There is not one meal we've ever shared where I haven't eaten off his plate and he hasn't eat off of mine. We generally have the same taste in fatty and good food alike, so it's always a treat when we eat out because we're both essentially getting two meals instead of one. ;) We're both equally willing to try something new and willing to indulge when we really shouldn't. He is the one I'll randomly drag along with me to get a deep dish sausage pizza, or Russian food, or a patty melt, or Indian buffet, or sushi, or chili, or chicken wings, or crepes, or a soup bread bowl, or Thai food, or Mediterranean food, or a corned beef sandwich, or a Wendy's jr. bacon cheeseburger, or even a medley of hot dogs. He is the Ray to my Rachael. Haha. And this is essentially why we we're bored of all the restaurants near work and also why my body has become a flabby mess. The only solution? We must get rid of S . . .

P.S. S and I don't get along as well as this post may make it seem. It is only our bellies that bring us together. Ha.

FATTIE RATING: 5 (alone), 5!! (with S)

No comments: