Sunday, May 18, 2008

05.14 to 05.18 - 5 Miles of Hell

So . . . I'm a lazy bum because I never did get started on that workout regimen with my coworker. *sheepish smirk* I've either been too tired or busy to join her . . . but I finally made a personal effort this past weekend. Not only did the prodigal daughter return to Bally's, but she also did the American Cancer Society Walk & Roll with her horsebeast of a friend the day after.

We did a combined 10-mile skate (on rollerblades)-- and all I'm going to say is that 5 of those miles was absolute hell. Not only was most of it uphill, but the wind was pushing against us the entire way. And it didn't help that the sun was beating down on us on some stretches, and then it got unbelievably chilly on others. I'm amazed that I got through it in one piece. The beast and I really hated our lives-- but it was for a good cause, and we rewarded ourselves with dim sum and sleep immediately after. Ha.

FATTIE RATING: 4
FITNESS RATING: 2.5 (out of 5-- but I'm slowly getting there!)

No comments: