Monday, January 12, 2009

01.08 to 01.12 - Fat Days in LA

My cousin S and I went to LA for several days to visit my bro, her bro, and our two cousins. Without a doubt, good food and good times were had. My consumption conduct was a bit appalling, so I may have to begin changing my eating habits. For now, here is a summary of some of Los Angeles' culinary delights.


sushi pizza at Yamato: yummy little shrimps in a special sauce, avocado, spicy tuna, etc. all on a crispy thingamajigger


pre-lunch snack of delicious empanadas: my fave was the ham and cheese one--mmm


lunch at the famous In-N-Out: here's a double double with animal-style fries, and there's me loving the processed cheese


dessert and coffee for the road trip: a scrumptious slice of tres leches and Starbucks (complete with those cool green mermaid toppers)


pre-dinner snack: Mucho Cheese (I will not lie-- this bag of cheese puffs had me at "Mucho Cheese"-- mmm!)


super yummy Filipino dinner: we had three plates of delicious crispy chicken skin (ha) and the most flavorful beef kaldereta and garlic fried rice


delicious breakfast at More Than Waffles: I had the best salami, mushroom, and mozzarella omelette + the best waffles topped with whipped cream and strawberries (oh man...I could go for some more)


and lastly, carryout lunch from Miss Peaches by my bro's place: more waffles, nice salty fried chicken, and GOOEY BUTTER CAKE (gooood stuff!)

All in all, LA food was quite good though my California cousin swears Chicago food is better. Maybe we just lucked out this weekend. Anyway, LA definitely has its perks. The weather was seriously amazing-- a 75-degree average with pleasant (as opposed to torturous) winds. *sigh* But now we're back to cold, negative wind chill, snow stormy Chicago. Argh. You know what? I refuse to change my eating habits until it's over 30 degrees. Ha.

Eatery Info: Please see links above.

1 comment:

hannah love said...

I LOVE LA food SO SO SO MUCH
gosh, i didn't know you went. i am jealous.

did you get to eat krn bbq? all you can eat? so good there.

i guess i have yet to try super super delicious food in Chicago. take me :)