Friday, January 16, 2009

01.16 - Tired, Flabby, and Pitiful

I just had a nice little chat with three friends/coworkers at lunch and, I have to say, I’ve never felt so unhealthy and determined to change my eating habits until thirty minutes ago. One girl is currently going through a vegan detox program and is surprisingly energetic and radiant. The other girl has eliminated wheat, most meat, and dairy from her diet and seems a lot healthier and happier. And the guy currently goes to the gym three times a week and does weekly hot yoga “detox” on Mondays and is lively and fit. I sat there, picking at my leftover ham and egg omelet from this morning and felt . . . tired, flabby, and pitiful. :\

I’m seriously debating on eliminating meat and dairy from my diet . . . at least for a month to start. That way, I’ll have a clean slate and when I begin to incorporate those foods back into my diet, I’ll be able to see what does and doesn’t make me feel good. *long pause* Actually . . . no. Ha. There’s no way I can do that. But maybe I’ll try to do it at least five out of 7 days a week. *shrug* That’s a start, right? Alright then. I’ll do that and work out at least twice a week. I tell you this in hopes that the thought of your communal disapproval will hold me accountable. ;)

6 comments:

Francis Choi said...

dont do it jihan! think about all the great steak and tasty chicken you wont eat, and all the great ice cream mm mm yum. just take a jog every now and then
btw i really dont know how i came across this blog

Kim Ruelo said...

hmm...i say just enjoy yummy food...speaking of which...our breakfast today was really yummy! good luck, ate jing!

oh! and hope your boarding trip was fun! was janice able to stand?

Kim Ruelo said...

p.s. since that time you introduced me to berry chill...i have been addicted to it and anything like it.

hannah love said...

don't listen to francis!


try eating clean meat if thats possible. if it was ethically made or produced it might be cleaner? I don't know. Is there such thing as organic beef and chicken? I think thre is.... so no additives which then could help with keeping your body healthy.
I'm going to try to avoid the meat as well. Cut back a few days.
Try the hot yoga! i heard its awesome!

journaler said...

dont do it! hahaha

pescetarian, vegetarian, maybe, but i don't know about vegan

what happens during hot detox yoga

ji said...

Note to all: this post was a false alarm. At the present time, I have no willpower or desire to give up meat or dairy despite how pitiful others make me feel.

FC: Thank you for your motivational words. ;)
KR: Boarding was fun, but teaching in the cold was hard. Jan did really good at the end though.
HL: Some additives can be beneficial. My cousin grew to 6'4" because of all the bacon he had as a child. ;)
R: Hot yoga is pretty much doing yoga in a 105-degree room and all that sweating removes a ton of toxins. I'd do it but I'm fairly certain I'd faint in the first five minutes. :\