Thursday, January 15, 2009

01.15 - Cold Days, Warm Memories

Dude, it’s so cold today, it’s not even funny. Luckily, I pretty much put on as much warm clothing and outerwear as possible. The only thing I forgot were my snow goggles. Ha. Seriously. As I was walking to work, the crazy wind was blowing right in my face so I started tearing up—and, of course, icicles started forming under my eyes. Well, not exactly, but the tears froze within seconds of production and I could barely blink. Struggling. :\

I’m okay now though. The warmth has returned to my toes and fingers, I have brushed the frozen tears out of my eyes, I have a steaming cup of tea next to me, and I am popping yummy bite-size PB&J sandwich pieces into my mouth. On that note, I’d like to declare my current love for peanut butter and jelly on warm toast. I was never into this American childhood favorite because I preferred cheese or butter (yeah yeah) . . . but PB&J has really been growing on me lately. Oh, and I generally don’t cut sandwiches up into pieces, but I thought I deserved a little pampering this morning. Cutting up my food into little pieces makes me happy (and brings back warm memories of high school when I wore braces and cut up everything from pizza to chicken nuggets). ;)

No comments: