Monday, July 6, 2009

07.06 - Wrong Expectations

It's always an interesting experience when you expect something from your food . . . and it ends up being something completely different. I had two experiences like that this past week . . .

1) I had a sick taco craving after looking at taco pictures on a random food blog, so I went by a random Mexican place and ordered me some carnitas tacos. I know what carnitas are. I mean, I've had them before. It's pretty much just flavorful, tender, shredded pork. Right?! So imagine my surprise when my carnitas tacos had bits of chopped up intestines in them. Yeaahhhh . . . normally, I'd be a bit grossed out, but I didn't realize it until after taking a bite of the strangely chewy deliciousness. So I went right ahead and ate it all. Ha. Maybe I ordered wrong. *shrug* Oh well. It was darn good.


a deliciously chewy surprise

2) I was at a BBQ (as were most people this weekend) and our very kind hostess asked me if I wanted dessert. My ears perked up and I of course accepted. They had rocky road brownies so she asked if I wanted them plain or a la mode. I of course wanted them a la mode. Cold vanilla ice cream over warm chocolately brownie! Super yummy, right? That is until the hostess chose to go all out with the BBQ theme and decided to warm the brownies on the grill. Then you pretty much got chocolately brownie infused with grilled meat flavor. *nauseated look* I was so disturbed after one bite that I ate all the ice cream, threw the brownies away, and pretty much spent the rest of the night eating and drinking whatever I could to get rid of the grilled brownie flavor that I kept burping up. *shudder* Never again.


good for za meat, not so much for za brownie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So whatever happened to the ratings?

joei said...

u will definitely try some sort of korean version of cow intestines in the future. They're called soon-dae.

ji said...

Justice, I stopped kidding myself. :\ There's no way I'll ever eat at a 1-3 rating unless I'm really sick or I lose all my teeth. It's 4s and 5s all the way, darling.

And, Joei, I'm disturbed at the thought of soon-dae. I would never willingly eat intestines. Those tacos just got lucky.