Tuesday, July 7, 2009

07.07 - Paddy Fatties

My dear friend D and I had a craving for Irish food yesterday. Actually, this craving had been building up for about . . . 6 months or so. Ha. So we finally headed over to a pub and fulfilled our desires for all things yummy and Irish. ;) We had a full Irish breakfast (complete with rashers, pudding, baked beans, and soda bread) and of course corned beef & cabbage, and we topped it all off with some Irish cider and Irish red ale. I think our waitress thought we were having way too much fun with the Irish theme. Haha. Anyway, it was such a gorgeous summer day, so we were feeling quite full and content. Sadly, I did not bring my beloved new camera so, although I took some phone camera shots of our food, I refuse to put them up. But I did take this decent one while D and I were sitting at the pub window. Good stuff. :}



In other news, we decided to do a bit of shopping at the brand spankin' new Whole Foods on North Ave, and we ran into this gigantic hand sculpture on the way out. The second I looked at it, I felt comforted by its familiarity. And I realized . . . it was my hand, only blown-up, slighly more manly, and extra wrinkly. I'm not exaggerating either. I've had old lady hands since the young age of 2. Ha.



Eatery Info:
Paddy Long's, 1028 W Diversey Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60686
Eatery Info II:
Whole Foods Market Lincoln Park, 1550 N Kingsbury, Chicago, IL 60642

1 comment:

Susan said...

I think that's the Whole Foods that Christian works at! she was telling me about it before it opened...