Tuesday, July 14, 2009

07.15 - I Want Some-moah Food

A bunch of Chicago & LA relatives and I headed to San Francisco/Oakland this past weekend for my cousin’s wedding, and we had a great time in the family bonding and eating departments. I was a little disappointed at not being able to eat more “Frisco” foods, though I was fairly content with all the airport, Denny’s, and wedding grub. Ha. Speaking of wedding grub, my cousin married a Samoan so they pretty much had this massive all-you-can-eat buffet at the reception. I wish I could say I was able to distinguish what was Filipino, Samoan, and whatever other cuisine they had there-- but all I remember was everything being really fattening and delicious. Ha.

My Stomach's Weekend Adventures:


my cousin S and I had a 3-hour flight delay at ORD (argh!)...so we made the most of it


breakfast the next morning-- after our long night, Denny's was enticing enough and close enough to our hotel


fried food extravaganza at the wedding buffet


no wedding is complete without Mr. Piggy


my second plate-- I was too busy eating to take a picture of my first


red velvet wedding cake-- so, apparently, it's Samoan custom to offer cake tiers as gifts to special guests (they had like a multi-level10-15 tier cake, but unfortunately, I was not one of those special guests)


post wedding cobbler and coffee-- our waiter looked like Matt Damon and he thought all my choices were like the best thing ever, haha-- my cousins were mad that I didn't care to get his number but, frankly, he was wayyy too excited about their special blend Columbian coffee


Denny's breakfast - Day 2 (there were about 15 of us, so it was the best option yet again)


This was my cousin S's order-- wheat pancakes, egg whites, turkey bacon, oatmeal. *heavy sigh* I have no idea how we get along so well.


And, lastly, here's the clam chowder bread bowl I had at SFO that I tried really hard to pretend I was having at Fisherman's Wharf instead.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cousin S is paler than the egg whites!!! Almost as white as the butter!!!

journaler said...

man i wish my life were so exciting

hannah love said...

sigh, your blog makes me so hungry all the time!
i randomly have fro yo cravings.

and looking at that first wedding picture of the fried foods is making me drool right now

miss you!