Friday, July 17, 2009

07.17 - All in the Toppings

My buddy JCK came to have lunch with me today and he wasn't feeling up for anything ethnic, so we settled on the tried and true burger. Ah, the burger. Such a boring food by itself. But with a little bit of square-shaped dairy product and other wondrous toppings, you have yourself one heck of a hearty and delicious sandwich.

We went to this pub by my work that's known for its burgers, and I love their menu because they have about 20 burgers will all sorts of toppings. I had trouble deciding on whether to get the mediterranean (feta and olives), the black and blue (blue cheese with cajun spices), or the total burger (sauteed mushrooms, choice of cheese, and bacon). I ended up with the total burger-- as did my buddy. Mmm, good stuff.



I am a sucker for burgers with unique or delicious toppings, but my favorite "normal" combination is cheddar cheese, bacon, and a fried egg on top. Oh man. When it comes to that, I have no self-control. Haha.

Eatery Info: Monk's Pub, 205 W. Lake Street, Chicago, IL 60606

3 comments:

hannah love said...

you wouldn't want me as a burger buddy.... all i like is ketchup,mayo and lettuce and mushrooms if they offer it.

joei said...

mmmmm.....baCON (spoken in french accent).

Susan said...

yum! i like blue cheese on mine.