Tuesday, July 15, 2008

07.10 to 07.15 - Hotdogs are Yummy

When we were younger, my brother and I would usually come home from school in the afternoon and have to make our own food. It was usually macaroni and cheese, scrambled eggs, or hotdogs (never the Ballpark or Oscar Mayer kind unless it contained cheese, but always the Vienna Beef or Best’s Kosher kind ‘cause we’re bougie like that-- ha). Hence, the love for three of my favorite foods began.

Anyway, there’s this hotdog chain called America’s Dog that gives you a variety of different hot dogs (with specific topping options). After visiting the downtown location quite a few times, I’ve established that my favorite variety is the Kansas City Dog: swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and mustard. Seriously, it’s delicious. The combination of toppings is like a symphony in your mouth. Ha.

Anyway, I decided that I should stop paying for this delicious creation and just make it myself. So there was a pack of hot dogs at home and I decided to take a couple to work. Then, during my lunch break, I roamed around to 7-Eleven and Walgreens in search of toppings. Sadly, sauerkraut is not easy to find. So I ended up eating a bootleg version of the Kansas City Dog sans sauerkraut. It was good, but it was also a little sad. My goal this weekend is to find a jar of sauerkraut and leave it at work—then all will be right with the world.



P.S. My friend swears by the Charleston Dog: coleslaw, chili, onion, and mustard. I’m too hooked on the KC one to try this, but you should give it a shot.

FATTIE RATING: 4

No comments: