Tuesday, August 19, 2008

08.14 to 08.19 - Waste Not, Want Not

I really don't like to waste food, and that often becomes a problem for me because I generally tend to overeat and feel sick after. Well, this weekend was full of bachelorette festivities in honor of my cousin who will be married next month-- so, by the time yesterday came around, there were a lot of random leftovers. In an attempt to not be wasteful, I decided to have a little bit of everything for dinner. 1 and 1/4 slices of deep dish sausage supreme, a handful of cheese chunks (three varieties), several salami slices, and a toasted blueberry bagel.

Because I like to have a nice balance of sweet and salty food, I found that I had way too many salty things and needed more sweet things. So I added a banana and two firecracker popsicles to the mix. Needless to say, I felt pretty gross for the rest of the night. This may also have contributed to my oversleeping and being late for work this morning. I guess that's what I get for having absolutely no sense of restraint. *sigh*

No comments: