Friday, August 29, 2008

08.28 to 08.29 - Breakfast of Champions

The last few days, I haven't had any real breakfast cravings. Some days, I didn't even have the desire to figure out what to eat, let alone to actually push myself to go get it. Today, though, I purposefully walked into a pricey, chain bakery and told myself that I would buy the first thing that made me salivate.

I
t's no surprise that I chose a childhood favorite-- something my dad would buy us on random mornings when he just happened to pass by the neighborhood bakery. Ahh, the sticky pecan roll. What a treat. And I'm savoring it this morning just as I did years ago. Only problem is that my stomach isn't handling it as well as it used to. *shrug* Oh well. It was worth it for 10 minutes. And, boy, do I feel energized for my long day ahead! ;)



No comments: