Friday, August 22, 2008

08.22 - Ah, The Mighty Burger

Honestly, burgers by themselves are the most boring food known to man. If I had the choice between a plain burger and an overgrilled chicken wing . . . I would most likely opt for the latter. Without a beloved slice of cheese or some other scrumptious topping, burgers are really quite sad.

Last night, though, I had a burger that was almost too exciting. Imagine melty queso atop bold chili atop a well-seasoned burger. I sure love me some flavor . . . but this was really going above and beyond. So, I had to deconstruct my burger-- which actually proved to be quite delightful. I alternated between a burger piece dipped in queso and a burger piece smothered with chili. In between these scrumptious bites, I would have a little piece of the top bun or a bite of pickel. :}

Ah, a balanced burger is the ultimate feat.

No comments: