Sunday, February 10, 2008

02.09 & 10 - Omega-3 Overload & Chubby Cheeks

I had way too much fish this weekend, it's almost disturbing. I've never been a big fish person. I think it stems from my parents trying to feed me so much of it as a kid and having those stupid fish bones get stuck in my throat. As an adult, I've slowly reincorporated it into my diet, but never as much as I have this weekend. I'm slightly disturbed. But I suppose it's a good thing. Omega-3 fatty acids are supposed to stimulate blood circulation, lower blood pressure, alleviate depression or anxiety, and reduce the risk of stroke. So yeah. Good job, me, I guess.

In other news. I am the biggest procrastinator when it comes to working out. I think it's this horribly cold, messy weather that has eliminated all motivation to go to the gym, but here's something that has suddenly revved up my desire to go: The mother looked at me Sunday morning and, without saying anything, patted her right cheek and then patted her left cheek. Then she very solemly said, "You need to start working out." Ha! My mother has no shame when it comes to discussing my weight. I'll definitely go to the gym Tuesday . . .

SATURDAY, February 9th
Breakfast
+ egg and cheese McGriddle
+ a few sips of Vitamin Water "Formula 50"
Mid-evening Snack
+ a few forkfuls of pancit (noodles) with shrimp
Dinner
+ several tortilla chips with very limey white fish ceviche
+ 1/2 a plate of dirty squid with rice (sounds gross but is quite delicious)
+ a small piece of plantain

+ an oatmeal shake (oh my gosh, this is like horchata but so many times better)
Late-night Snack
+ several sips of Vitamin Water "Formula 50"
+ several other sips of Vitamin Water "XXX"
+ leftover dirty squid with rice (what!? I got hungry again!)
+ a few forkfuls of baked salmon

FATTIE RATING: 4.25
_________________________________________
SUNDAY, February 10th
Breakfast
+ baked salmon omelet
+ a piece of Asian sweet potato (yeah, I dunno)
+ cup of coffee with Irish cream creamer
Lunch
+ slice of veggie pizza
+ small cup of Sprite
Dinner
+ tortilla chips with salsa (and also some more ceviche-- this time with some shrimp)
+ whole fried tilapia (I have no idea why I got this because it had the head, tail, fins, and everything-- I ate it anyway though)
+ some Spanish rice
+ a forkful of refried beans
+ a glass of horchata

FATTIE RATING: 4.25

No comments: