Wednesday, February 20, 2008

02.20 - Road to Vegetarianism?!

This whole pescatarian thing has been going great. Yeah, it's a struggle to eat sausage pizza without the sausage or an egg, cheese, and bacon McGriddle without the bacon . . . but I've handled it pretty well. I already love seafood, and fish hasn't been so bad either. So yeah. I was enjoying an organic smoked salmon sandwich at lunch today when I started talking to my coworker about all the different sea creatures I've been eating. Squid came up and, while I was eating my sandwich, the memory of seeing my dad clean squid the other day flashed in my head. One particularly significant aspect of that memory is that he was cutting off the head part of the squid and its eyeball was just staring at me. The biggest, bluest eyeball I've ever seen. Uggghhhhhhhhh. I must have repressed that memory, but it came back to me so fast-- and eating that silky, smooth smoked salmon made me feel incredibly sick. Soooo yeaahhhh. I don't think I want to eat anything that used to be alive (or that used to have eyeballs, for that matter) for awhile . . .

WEDNESDAY, February 20th
Breakfast
+ two pieces of whole grain hearty wheat toast with spritzes of ICBINB spray
+ mug of coffee with skim milk and Splenda
Late-morning Snack
+ two to three big handfuls of the cheese-flavored Corn Pops (those cheese puffs I love)
Late Lunch
+ smoked Norwegian salmon with dill spread and alfalfa sprouts on pretzel bread (good at first . . .)
+ 1/2 bottle of Vitamin Water "rescue"
+ small piece of chocolate with roasted coffee bean pieces mixed in
Dinner

+ a small slice of bread dipped in olive oil
+ a few platefuls of a fancier and tangier version of caesar salad


+ one manicotti roll filled with ricotta, gorgonzola, sun-dried tomatoes and topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella
+ one or two pieces of sweet gnocchi in a cheese sauce

FATTIE RATING: 4.5

No comments: