Thursday, February 5, 2009

02.05 - Clean Out The Germs

When I cleaned up my condiment drawer the other day, I found a couple herbal teabags that I don’t remember ever having. And since I seem to have developed a cold of some sort, I decided to make myself some hot tea this morning. As my tea bag was steeping, I felt excited at my find and decided to read the front of the tea bag wrapper to see what these wonderful herbs were going to do for me. The wrapper said Detox Tea: Cleansing & Revitalizing – Made with over 20 potent Chinese purification herbs. I thought, “Wow, that’s gotta be really good for my cold—it’s gonna get rid of all my germs and revitalize me right up!” So while I was waiting, I went to check on my toast . . . and suddenly, as the fog in my head started to clear, I remembered my friend who is doing detox and the frequent bathroom visits she mentioned having to make . . . and then I realized the meaning of “cleansing” . . . so I lunged for the wrapper, turned it over, and read the very last line: “Drink this tea along with Triple Leaf Herbal Laxative Tea, or any of our diet teas, for additional support in cleansing.” With horrification, I grabbed my cup and dumped it into the sink. Yeahhhh . . . no detoxifying at work for me, thank you. :\

3 comments:

Kim Ruelo said...

haha...when i started reading this I thought you were gonna have some buttered fish-like experience.

I'm glad you didn't!

ji said...

Haha. Had I not realized it in time, it may very well have been a butter fish experience. *sigh of relief* ;)

Unknown said...

"buttered fish-like experience"

lulz on bringing up old entries! haha g'job kim!

but i would have definitely would have wanted you to drink that tea...