Wednesday, February 11, 2009

02.11 - The Giving Coworker

I have this sweet 40-something year old coworker who some might say is an older version of me (because our appetites are so similar and her general outlook on life is that food is happiness), and she loves to share her food with me. I know it's because she sees a kindred eater in me, but sometimes it's a bit over the top.

Especially since I've been under the weather, she's been giving me an excessive amount of food that has sometimes been a struggle to eat (considering my subpar appetite). Last week it was her half of a chorizo burrito for breakfast, the other day it was some of her cabbage and beef leftovers for lunch, yesterday was half of an onion and potato omelette for breakfast, and today was half of a ginormous polish sausage for breakfast.

She's unbelievably sweet for taking care of me in that way, but I'm almost afraid to see what she'll come up with tomorrow-- especially since she will not take "no" for an answer. Let's all just hope it won't be the sardines she brought one morning and shamelessly heated up in the communal microwave. :\

No comments: