Friday, February 27, 2009

02.27 - Cheese Confession

I was in a lecture last night and brought an individually wrapped piece of string cheese with me to tide me over. The cheese was still cold from the refrigerated case at the store but I told myself that I had to wait until it was room temperature or warmer (because that's when string cheese-- or cheese in general-- tastes the best). I was a bit impatient, so I held the plastic in my hand and did my best to warm up the cheese but, alas, my hands were a bit cool.

So I quickly slid the cheese into my shirt sleeve and kept it against my arm for about ten minutes. Then I slyly passed the cheese from one sleeve to the next and kept it against my other arm for another ten minutes. When I finally pulled it out for consumption, the girl next to me noticed but I ignored her, peeled away the plastic, and bit into my wonderfully soft cheese as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

2 comments:

wes said...

some string cheeses you gotta wipe down with a paper towel or something after you bring it up to room temperature. but yes. room temp cheese is amazing

hannah love said...

ahhahahahahaha
jihan, this is why i love being your friend.

how is the non-meat thing going??