Thursday, February 19, 2009

02.19 - Pink Shoe Scandal

I actually motivated myself enough yesterday to go back to the gym the second day in a row. That in itself is an accomplishment, so I absolutely had to go! There was one slight obstacle, though. I forgot to bring sneakers. :\

So I ended up just going down to the gym with a tentative plan to do weights or floor exercises in my socks. But when I saw the calorie-burning elliptical machine, my heart lurched and I just "needed" to do cardio. So . . . I did something I would not wish for anyone else. *sigh* I walked into the girls' locker room where there happens to be a random collection of used gym shoes on top of the lockers, and I nervously (and quickly) took the cleanest pair that was closest to my size and put those puppies on. Haha. They were light pink shoes about a size too large, but they definitely did the job. Haha. The entire time I was on the elliptical machine, I kept looking at the door, praying that my shoes' owner wouldn't walk in. *sheepish look* On the plus side, I burned about 150 calories! Woohoo. :}

2 comments:

Susan said...

you say sneakers too! :) i thought it was just an east coast thing.. well you're east coast girl at heart

this post cracked me up. so scandalous! hehe

ji said...

Haha. Actually, I definitely grew up on "gym shoes," but working in NY with a friend who constantly referred to her gym shoes as "sneakers" certainly influenced me. Haha. Depending on the style of the shoe, I'll say one word or the other. ;)