Sunday, February 22, 2009

02.20 to 02.22 - Active Member of the Clean Plate Club

I realized this weekend why I'm inclined to eat so much. I'm pretty sure it's because my dear parents instilled this "clean plate" mentality in me that I can't seem to get rid of. I just absolutely hate to see good food still left on a plate if I know it's going to get thrown out. It's so bad that I'll force myself to eat four plates of French cheese that smell (and taste) like feet because the three others I'm having dinner with refuse to eat it. It's so bad that I'll eat a party of fourteen's leftover sushi (that even the males at the table will willingly pass to me). It's so bad that I'll take my godchildren's plates and eat the chewed-up and nibbled-on pieces of food that they are suddenly too full to eat. And it's so bad that I'll eat a party of nineteen's excessive amount of leftover pizza (but thank goodness for my buddy PK-- haha).

*sigh* It's a problem, but I feel like it's something I'll probably always have to deal with. So when I end up 500 lbs. with hypertension and high cholesterol, you'll know who to blame. ;) The best part of the clean plate club, though, are the reactions. Haha. Some people are really supportive, some people will help me out (though this is rare), and others will just flat-out tell me to stop because I disgust them. Haha. The latter are the best. :}




These are just two of the five pizzas from this weekend that started off as my friends and nearly ended up my enemies. Ha.

No comments: