Tuesday, May 5, 2009

05.05 - Free Wings Tuesday

Me: (walks into Wing Stop, takes a quick glance at the three guys sitting and eating, walks up to the counter) Hi, I’m picking up for Geo*.
Cashier Guy: Okay. That’ll be $13.99.
Sitting Guy 1: Don’t charge her.
Cashier Guy: Don’t charge her? (looks at Sitting Guys 1 and 2 who are behind me)
Me: (wondering what the heck they’re talking about)
Cashier: (shrugs) You don’t have to pay. (walks to kitchen to pack up chicken)
Me: (turns around with a bewildered expression, looks at the three sitting guys)
Sitting Guy 2: He says not to charge you, so we won’t charge you.
Me: Umm, that’s sweet but really not necessary. Please. Let me just pay.
Sitting Guy 2: Nah. Don’t worry about it. (smiles) So I bet guys are always trying to talk to you.
Me: Umm, not really. (awkward, shifty eyes)
Sitting Guy 2: Really? Well then, he’s single. (points to Sitting Guy 1)
Me: (laughs uncomfortably, turns back around in desperate desire for the chicken to be ready)
Sitting Guy 2: You have a guy, don’t you?
Me: (smiles apologetically) Mmhmmm.
Sitting Guy 2: Figures.
Me: So…umm…can I pay now, please?
Sitting Guy 2: (laughs) No, no! Don’t worry about it.
Me: (shifts feet uncomfortably)
Cashier Guy: Here you go. (hands me my bag of chicken)
Me: (whispers to Cashier Guy) Can I please pay you?
Cashier Guy: (shakes head) No, they told me not to charge you.
Me: (sighs and turns around to walk out)
Sitting Guy 2: Are you happy with your guy? I mean, are you sure you wanna pass up on my friend here?
Me: (laughs a little and nods) Well, if things change, I’ll be back.
Sitting Guy 2: (laughs) I like that answer. (looks over at Sitting Guys 1 and 3) Don’t you like that answer?
Me: (laughs) Good night. (runs out with a quickness, hops into the car, and speeds away)

*Geo (pronounced "Joe") is my bro and he was waiting in the car for me. He was quite delighted that we got our wings free and told me that it is imperative that I return to this particular location often. Haha. Whatever!

NOTE: The lemon pepper and garlic parmesan flavors are super yummy, but I most likely will not be enjoying them from this location. Ha. Awwwkward...

9 comments:

wes said...

haha.. i think the key response was "Me: (laughs a little and nods) Well, if things change, I’ll be back."

If it weren't for that. theyd probably hate women

Unknown said...

And this is why you're single.

Tammy said...

Ha. I love Justice's comment.

jksweetz said...

im comin with YOU next time to pick up food! :D hot mama!!! love it~

M said...

hahahaha- what the heck. i agree with your bro. u should def. go back to this location. free wings are free wings.

why cant this happen to guys?

Susan said...

haha! I'm def bringing you next time i get wings.

hannah love said...

ahahahahh omg
this is so funny

yes, gotta go get wings with you ;)
but seriously, this is something that can only happen to girls (A good and creepy/bad thing)

ji said...

Haha...oh man, you guys... :)>

Wes-- yeah, I didn't want to seem mean or ungrateful, so I thought saying something like that was the next best thing. Ha.

Dear cousin and Quach-- haha, you two suck. I'm single for reasons other than the fact that random men scare me, thank you very much.

JK, Sus, and Hannah-- ha, I doubt something like this will happen again. But...hmm...if the four of us go together, there might be a chance. ;)

M-- haha, this doesn't happen to guys because...umm...guys have Adam's apples and those things are a bit disturbing. No one wants to give free chicken wings to someone walking around with one of those. It's human nature. *shrug* Sorry.

Susan said...

I agree about the Adam's apple thing!