Thursday, May 21, 2009

05.21 - Have I Lost It?

I eat like a man. I realized this fact when I started eating lunch regularly with a work buddy who happens to be a man who likes to eat. Between the both of us, we ingested ridiculous quantities of fat. And it wasn’t like I ate half my sandwich and he’d eat his whole sandwich along with half of mine. I was sandwich for sandwich, pizza for pizza, burrito for burrito with this guy. Whatever he ate, I ate (and then some). We had a beautiful, symbiotic relationship of eating and sharing food, and my stomach grew very accustomed to it. That is...until he left. :\ And I started eating ramen alone...or sharing leftovers with my earth-smelling coworker.

I finally met up with my old fattie work buddy for lunch today and we went to one of our former stomping grounds, a pretty good deli nearby. My toasted soft salami sandwich was huge, and I even had a nice sized side of some mac and cheese to go with it, so I was quite excited.



But not for too long. :\ I had to split the sandwich up into four parts since it was so huge-- and after eating only one part, I already wanted to give up. *sigh* Only after some help from my buddy and some motivational self-talk on my part, I was finally able to force the rest of the sandwich and mac & cheese down. But it was a struggle. :( I felt so discouraged by the realization that I can't eat like I used to. Have I lost it for good? Without my eating ability, I am...merely ordinary.

Eatery Info: Eppy's Deli, 162 N Franklin St, Chicago, IL 60686

2 comments:

James said...

happy birthday.

ji said...

I have no idea what you're talking about, James. ;)