Sunday, November 2, 2008

10.31 to 11.02 - C is for Candy and Chicken, That's Good Enough For Me

This weekend contained a lot—in terms of events and good eating. With fabulous weather, the city threw a “farewell party” for October and readily welcomed in November. Luckily, in the midst of all the busyness, we gained an extra hour of sleep. Thank goodness for that.

I spent Friday night with my favorite people, particularly my cousin’s three kids. The little one refused to wear his Thomas the Tank Engine costume so I put it on to make him jealous, hoping he’d want it back. Instead, he was much too delighted with my “choo-choo”s and I ended up being good ol’ Thomas for the rest of the night. Despite my locomotive appeal, the little one refused to share his goodies with me. So while his back was turned, I stole an Almond Joy, some Lifesavers gummies, and animal crackers. Not all godmothers will clean you up and turn your pumpkins into coaches, you know. ;)



Anyway, the food highlights of my weekend were . . .

Friday: pizza, cheeseburgers, lasagna, and candy (albeit stolen)
Saturday: roast beef, broasted chicken, mashed potatoes, ice cream and cake, and a late-night steak torta (mmm)
Sunday: fried chicken and waffles (this was my only meal of the day and I enjoyed it immensely)



May November bring continued yumminess . . .

No comments: