Sunday, November 16, 2008

11.16 - Divine Drink

After church yesterday, a small group of us decided to stop by a nearby diner for some lunch. It was cold outside, so we were happily huddled together in one of the larger booths. After glancing at the TV to see another embarrassing display by our beloved Bears, I looked across our table and spotted a special drinks menu. Something called "Mama's Hot Chocolate" immediately caught my eye. It was described as luscious hot chocolate with Bailey's and Kahlua dark chocolate liqueur. I showed it to one of the girls, D, and her eyes immediately lit up. So we ordered it with no hesitation.

When the tall, clear beer mug full of "spiked" hot chocolate with whipped cream on top came out, D and I were so excited. She took the first sip and was in a very happy place. I took the next sip and joined her. I liked it because it wasn't overly sweet, so I figured it was because of the dark chocolate. We passed the mug around and everyone really enjoyed it. D and I kept throwing each other contented smiles, but at one point she said, "Next time, I'd want a little bit more liqueur." And I said, "Yeah. It's so subtle, though I kind of like that."

It was only after we looked at our check that we realized the waitress had brought over a regular cup of hot chocolate. *sheepish look* It was actually some pretty darn good hot chocolate, but we felt a little salty for raving about the subtle Irish cream and dark chocolate liqueur flavors the entire time. Ha. ;)

No comments: