Sunday, November 9, 2008

11.07 to 11.09 - Fit for An Army

The Korean food I love most are the dishes that blend together a whole mess of stuff in a bubbling, hot pot. Like duk bokki or soon dubu. Especially on a cold day, that stuff is the best.

This past chilly weekend, my dorky buddies and I decided to whip up something they called budae jigae, which I looked up and means “army stew.” We didn’t really follow a recipe and we pretty much just threw a bunch of stuff into a pot, but it was fun, warm, and pleasing to the belly (till the gassiness occurred, of course). Our version had ramen, eggs, Spam, and kimchi. Mmm. Good stuff.

My next version is going to have ramen, cheese, kimchi, scrambled eggs (a la egg drop soup), and pork sausage pieces. I shall dub it spicy breakfast budae jigae. Mmm. I can't wait. ;)


not our picture though it looked like this

No comments: