Tuesday, November 25, 2008

11.25 - Souper Meal

I've always loved the Seinfeld soup nazi episode-- because it's so darn amusing, but mostly because I love the idea of a place dedicated to soup. There's something about soup that makes you want to hug yourself, it's so comforting.



Most places will have four or five soups (at the most) on-hand-- and you'll be lucky to find even one that will actually make you feel happy. But I want a whole mess of soup options, darnit! I want my brain to cramp because of all the delicious soup varieties! And like a wish come true, I found a place like that in Chicago several years ago that serves 12 scrumptious varieties daily. And like a personal present for me, there is a location near my work! :} So I had lunch here with my dear friend M yesterday and it was a wonderful struggle. New England Clam Chowder? Chicken and Dumpling? Chicken Gumbo? Roadhouse Beef Chili? Hearty Beef Stew? Thick Bacon and Potato? Ravioli Italiano? I couldn't decide!!



But . . . since it was super cold out, we finally settled on two creamy varieties: the clam chowder and the chicken & dumpling. After stuffing our faces, we felt so warm and toasty . . . that we got frozen yogurt immediately after. Ha. Soup and frozen yogurt: a perfect meal for a chilly day. No, seriously. I might go again today. ;)

No comments: