Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12.15 to 12.16 - Superfluous Sweets

Yesterday the mother had a dessert exchange at work. It involved 25 people baking something for the 24 other people and getting to take home 24 separate baggies of other people's concoctions. All day, I looked forward to coming home to this dessert smorgasbord. And it was wonderful.


Some of the yummies


More yummies


Two questionables...which I tasted...and didn't care for :\

And then today, my coworker (who is a fabulous baker) brought in her annual basket of cookies (a.k.a. her gift to the office). And I'm not talking plain old boring cookies. I'm talking biscotti and rum balls (real rum, people) and pecan crescents and gingerbread and chocolate toffee bites and . . . you get the picture.



I never used to be a sweets person, but I think I've trained myself pretty well over the years. I haven't yet hit my sugar coma threshold and I'm hoping I'll be able to keep going till this afternoon, at least. ;)

1 comment:

Susan said...

your coworker is amazing! i wish someone would bring baked goods like that to our department. =) maybe i should do that.... hehe