Tuesday, December 30, 2008

12.30 - Candy for Grownups

I can't believe there are less than two days left of 2008. Weird. Even weirder that I've spent the last couple of weeks eating obscene amounts of food and I can't quite remember what most of it was. I do remember one thing, though. The most wonderfully delicious and disgustingly bad for you food EVER: chicken skin. Yes, for those that haven't grown up on this delicacy, you may think it's a bit gross without the chicken meat attached . . . but it's absolutely wonderful.

I had a potluck Christmas party with some old friends the other day, and someone who I shall now consider my new best friend decided to bring an entire tray of crispy chicken skin. *content sigh* Upon eating one piece drenched in spicy vinegar, I couldn't stop. I would've eaten the entire tray had they left me with it-- but people kept getting in the way. My friends started making fun of me-- saying that was the most excited they'd ever seen me (and the most filipino). Ha. Chicken skin to me is like candy to a little kid. If people gave out chicken skin instead of candy on Halloween . . . I'd take the day off of work and put on some really comfortable sneakers. ;)

No comments: