Saturday, December 20, 2008

12.17 to 12.20 - I Heart NY (Food)

So I took a bit of a posting vacay because I was eating it up in NY. *deep, heavy sigh* I don't know what it is about the food in NY, but it is by far the best I've ever had. I went there with a list of things I already knew I wanted to eat-- and I left having added more favorites to my list. It's ridiculous, I tell you. No wonder weight gain is inevitable there. :\

Anyway, here is most of what I ate:


glorious soup dumplings (accompanied by glorious vinegar soy sauce)


all sorts of Guyanese baked goods-- including these cheese rolls (which happen to look like feet-- haha)


best darn Halal cart combo ever-- I don't even like lamb, but I devoured this


perfect everything bagel with spicy turkey chili (my palate has gotten weak because this used to be my fave, but it was almost too spicy)


lunch at Google, the most wonderful, amazing place EVER (I forgot to take the picture before I cut everything up though-- sorry)


meatball bao (so very delicious, but it will make you so very bloated)


75-cent drumsticks (which would make anyone a little happy/crazy)


Dominican dinner (amazing beef & egg empanadas, wonderful lasagna, and darn good pork chops...)


roasted chestnuts (my first time...and quite enjoyable)


there's nothing better than a few slices of NY-style pizza


and, in typical fattie fashion . . . massive food coma ;)

1 comment:

Susan said...

ooohhh that pizza looks amazing! and i have to try one of those chicken/rice halal carts.. people keep telling me about it. and i have to eat at google! ah! i love your blog.