Thursday, October 9, 2008

10.07 to 10.09 - The Taglish Sandwich

If you have seen Spanglish, then you will remember a certain little sandwich that caused most viewers to salivate, including myself.
 


Note: The yolk is supposed to be more runny, but I found this picture online and it looked so good. Ha.

I never did get the chance to recreate it myself, but I was definitely influenced by it. A couple years ago, I created a random concoction for breakfast that immediately became one of my favorites. We shall dub it the Taglish sandwich. Ha. Corny, I know. Anyway, I made it again yesterday and it was so yummy. Here's all it is:

- two slices of toasted bread or one toasted blueberry bagel, sliced in half (the sweetness adds a nice dimension to it)
- two slices of american cheese
- two eggs, over-medium (so that it runs just enough to dampen but not to drench), with a few sprinkles of salt

Prepare this open-face-- carb first, then the cheese, then the egg on top. When you bite into the egg, it breaks the yolk open a little so it's all oozy and subtly salty, then you bite down further and get the melty burst of cheese, and then you end with a nice crunch from the carb and . . . mmm. I'm telling you, it's good stuff. ;)

No comments: